Windsor’s Extensive Offering of Contemporary Options
Easy and New Contemporary Features from Windsor Windows
Over the past year, Windsor’s engineering staff has been focused on expanding their offering to meet the needs of the current trend toward contemporary architecture. This evolution is seen in every area of the country and in every price-point in the housing market. Expansive single family homes, modest starter homes, multifamily housing and light commercial construction are all leaning toward larger windows and doors with more glass and less trim. Windsor has adapted their product offering to meet this need. These expansions provide the sleek, minimalist look that architects and builders are looking for and brought to you by Huttig®.
- Contemporary Stops – The casement and awning products are available with a contemporary glazing bead as well as a contemporary sill cover on operating and stationary units. On picture units Windsor offers a contemporary head, sill and side stops in addition to the glazing bead. They have also updated the contemporary stop option on Pinnacle direct sets and added a contemporary stop option for radius units.
- Narrow Swinging Patio Door Panels – This option includes narrow stiles as well as a narrow bottom rail which will provide significantly more visible glass. The current Pinnacle clad swinging patio door panel is comprised of 5-3/16" top rail, 8-9/16" bottom rail and 4-7/8" stiles. The new narrow stile panel is made up of the same 5-3/16" top rail, 5-3/16" bottom rail and 3-3/8" stiles.
- Low Profile Direct Set – These products are offered with the standard or contemporary stop. The frame incorporates a nail fine kerf for standard folding fin or drip cap as well as rigid nailing fin or drip cap on direct sets. The frame uses the same 3-degree slope to match the Pinnacle clad casement and standard direct set. A deeper exterior glazing leg allows for the use of the tall putty WDL bar and the position of the glass is in the same plane as the Pinnacle clad casement glass. Frame corners are keyed, screwed and silicone injected and the vinyl drip cap is standard.
- Corner Window – The Pinnacle clad corner window is constructed with the low profile direct set frame allowing for correct alignment and sight lines with other Pinnacle clad low-profile direct set and radius products. The Pinnacle clad corner window frame will incorporate a ¾" wood frame and clad frame height of 1-1/2".
- Euro Sliding Patio Door Handle – This sliding door handle features a rectangular shape with straight contemporary lines providing a sleek, contemporary look.
- Pre-Finished Black Interior – This attractive painted interior finish consists of a solvent based top coat creating a smooth durable surface that looks amazing and saves builders time and money.
Visit www.windsorwindows.com or download the Pinnacle Contemporary Idea Book for information devoted to these contemporary options. Many photographs have been added to demonstrate the look you can achieve with these products. Contemporary architecture is easy to achieve with these new features from Windsor Windows & Doors.
Contact your Huttig rep for more information and possibilities for Windsor Windows contemporary options.
See more from the August 2017 issue of Dealer Digest.